Making a visual impact:
Even the most promising proposal or report can suffer from poor layout, graphics, or typography. Similarly, a brilliantly designed document carries greater – perhaps decisive – impact. If practical, use professionals for this kind of work.
- Add meaningful headlines and captions – people read them first.
- Use colour images, graphs, and charts in documents when possible.
- Keep an eye on design work as it progresses so you can head off errors or re-brief early.
POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- Using many different fonts at the same time can lead to a confusing overall look.
- Legibility is very important – the type should not be too small.
- A well-designed document is one that you enjoy looking at, but that also serves its function.