Negotiating to win:
All negotiation requires first-class communication skills. You need to be able to put forward proposals clearly and to understand exactly what the other side is offering. Such skills are vital in all kinds of management, so try to improve them.
- Choose naturally differing personality types in your negotiating team.
- Think about your ideal outcome – and how you can achieve it.
- Share helpful information with suppliers – long term, it may help you win a better deal.
- Remember that people seldom go on strike over non-pay issues.
STAGES OF NEGOTIATION:
There are five stages.
- Plan your strategy and tactics.
- Put forward your proposal.
- State your position and begin debating.
- Bargain with the other side.
- Sum up and ratify agreement.