Saturday comes, sharing the manual. So, today,
The more you read and understand, the better informed you are. You can improve the speed and efficiency of your reading by using several easy techniques. Concentration is the key to all methods of reading faster and understanding more.
- Use associations especially striking ones – to enhance your memory.
- Make sure reading conditions – such as lightning – are acceptable.
LEARNING TO SKIM-READ.
Before reading a book or proposal, if it has contents, introduction, conclusion, and index, glance at these to decide what you need to read and what you do not.
IMPROVING YOUR SPEED:
When you are practising, read in a burst of bursts of about 20 minutes. Eliminate distractions when reading, and make sure that you are comfortable. Sit upright, in good lighting, with your book flat.
On average, it takes about seven hours to read a reasonably long book of about 1,00,000 words.
So, you may need to improve your memory skills. Memory is strongest after a few minutes, and 80% is lost within 24 hours. An effective way to learn from books is to study for an hour, wait for a tenth of the time spent studying (6 minutes), review what you had studied, and wait for 10 minutes the study period (in this instance, 10 hours) before you review again.
POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- Powers of comprehension are usually overestimated.
- Lots of information can be picked up at a glance from illustrations and other visual material.
- Speed-reading can be learnt on a course or from a book.
- Pages should be scanned down the centre, or diagonally, to achieve the most sense quickly.
- Memory can be improved by changing the way you learn and reviewing knowledge regularly.
TESTING YOUR COMPREHENSION:
Here, they had given the task. But, I’ll say what it is.
Let’s take a paragraph contain 300 words. Read it or skim it. Arise all the possible questions are related to (300 words) you had read. Write it down the answers in the paper and test yourself. It’s quite challenging. Do it.